Monday, February 7, 2011

Opening: Nicli Antica Pizzeria

[Photo courtesy Scout Magazine]
When I visited Vancouver, B.C. last year, I went to the food boards and asked locals where to find the best pizza. Most of the posts directed me to Marcello, which was a crushing disappointment. But then I heard about a place that was going to open soon that was going to be Vancouver's first authentic Neapolitan pizzeria. That place was Nicli Antica Pizzeria in Gastown.

Well, I just received an email from owner Bill McCraig that Nicli opened today, Tuesday, February 7, 2011. They'll be open from 5pm to close, no reservations (even though there's a reservation form on their website, oddly enough). An early review from Scout Magazine is very positive, so now I can't wait to get back up there to try it!

Nicli Antica Pizzeria
62 East Cordova
Vancouver, B.C.

ADDED 2/15/2011 - TIP Reader "Lindsay" sent these photos along. She noted that they still have a few kinks to iron out.

3 comments:

  1. Had dinner there tonight. Lively room, modern room with a nod to Italian tradition. Excellent traditional southern Italian pizza executed just as I've had it in Naples. Tiramisu refreshingly light on the custard and heavy on the booze! Worth a visit and be ready for a line-up if you don't show early. There was a queue in the rain by 730 this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: Nice! Thanks for the report.

    If anyone wants to send me photos they've taken of the pizza here, I'll post them above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, steady so want to try this pizza
    seen it so want to .......... hem hem hem
    yam yam yam

    ReplyDelete