Thursday, April 21, 2011

First Impressions: Apizza @ Safeco Field

Apizza @ Safeco Field
1250 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134

[Photograph by Adam Lindsley]
Modern Apizza is well known to pizza fanatics. The New Haven institution goes head-to-head with the two "big guns" in town: Pepe's and Sally's, and often comes out ahead. Its owner, Bill Pustari, recently opened a pizza concession stand in Seattle's Safeco Field, dropped the "Modern" and just called it Apizza. Last week I slipped in to try it.

The verdict? Pretty terrible. Still, it's early (they just opened a few weeks ago), so I've got my fingers crossed that Pustari will turn it around (please, please turn it around).

5 comments:

  1. I read your write-up on Slice -- after that and looking at the pictures I just don't see it happening. We care, but does the average person grabbign a slice at a ball-game? I don't know. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @olsonmatt: Yeah, at $5 a slice, that's a tough sell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Pizza and nice dressing of its. i want to eat this and i recomend this to others people to eat this blog pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like normal so-so pizza to me. Now I suddenly miss Vapiano in Darmstadt.

    Wholesale Beads

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks nothing like the pizza you get at the actual Modern...

    ReplyDelete